About the Attorney
James D. Sweet, Jr. is a Certified Family Law Mediator who has been licensed to practice law in Montana since 2009 and Florida since 2007. He has been focusing extensively on Family Law in Montana, but is also licensed to practice in Florida.
Mr. Sweet is the founder and sole practitioner of the
Mr. Sweet received his J.D. from Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center in 2006. Prior to earning his Juris Doctorate degree, he served as a judicial assistant for the 15th Judicial Circuit, Palm Beach County, in West Palm Beach, Florida. Prior to law school, Mr. Sweet earned his undergraduate B.S. degree with a double major in Finance and Marketing: General from Florida Atlantic University. Mr. Sweet was born in Kalispell, Montana, grew up in Havre, Montana, and graduated from Bridger High School, in Bridger, Montana.
Mr. Sweet is a member of the State Bar of Montana, United States District Court for the District of Montana, The Florida Bar, United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, Confederated Salish & Kootenai Tribal Court, Northern Cheyenne Court, Yellowstone County Bar Association, Palm Beach County Bar Association, and American Bar Association.
Mr. Sweet proudly serves as an Associate Appellate Judge on The Crow (Apsáalooke) Tribe of Indians’ Court of Appeals.
James D. Sweet, Jr.
Regarded as one of the best divorce attorneys in Montana, Mr. Sweet is a force of nature when it comes to defending his clients’ interests. With a phenomenal track record in divorce and family law cases, James is often sought out by clients with high-value assets at stake, or where a strong legal team is needed to carry out effective negotiation or aggressive litigation.
- Nova Southeastern University (JD)
- Florida Atlantic University (BS)
- State Bar of Montana
- United States District Court for the District of Montana
- The Florida Bar
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Confederated Salish & Kootenai Tribal Court
- Northern Cheyenne Court
- Family Law
- Indian Law
- Wills and Trusts
- Yellowstone County Bar Association
- Montana Bar Family Law Section
- Montana Bar Indian Law Section
- Montana Bar Bankruptcy Section
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Florida Bar Family Law Section
- Florida Bar Entertainment, Arts and Sports Section
Community Non-Profit Support
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Greater Northwest Chapter
- South Florida Chapter
- Gratitude In Action (G.I.A.)
- Adaptive Performance Center (A.P.C.)
- Northern International Livestock Exposition (NILE) - member
- Knights of Columbus - member
LAW OFFICES OF JAMES d. SWEET, jr.
“Jim is an awesome attorney! His family law practices are some of the best around, he is honest and truly cares about his clients.”Robert Rott
“The best around, very highly recommended, and gets the job done!!”Jamie Meno